How Do I know if My Cabinet Boxes Are Good Enough for Refacing?
This is one of the most common questions that we receive from homeowners. And the simple answer to the question is that as long as the boxes in your kitchen or bathroom cabinet are structurally sound then they can be refaced. While it may be somewhat counter-intuitive, the reality is that it is often older boxes that tend to be stronger and sturdier than newer ones, thereby making them better candidates for refacing.
What is Great Atlantic Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling’s Process for Refacing Cabinets?
At Great Atlantic Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling, we take what we do very seriously. To ensure optimal results for all our residential clients, we always follow a dedicated three-stage approach that we feel is guaranteed to deliver consistent success for you. These stages are as follows:
1. Doors: The first thing we do is remove cabinet doors and drawer fronts and have them replaced.
2. Skinning: Once the first stage is completed, the remaining part of the cabinet—the box—remains in place. From there veneers are applied to the boxes while all other interior parts remain consistent.
3. Accessories: Finally, we will remove and replace fixtures and hinges if that’s what is needed. However, you can also keep existing fixtures or hinges in place—the choice is yours.
Three Benefits of Custom Kitchen Cabinets
At Great Atlantic Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling, we are very aware that our customized cabinet creation service can add immediate and long-lasting value to your kitchen cabinets. Here are three of the most apparent advantages of custom-built cabinets for your home.
1. Longevity: Customized cabinets from Great Atlantic Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling may cost a little more than a generic option right now, but the reality is that, over-time, our tailored product will end up saving you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. We take immense professional pride in the service we offer and we ensure all our cabinets are built to last. This means that when you order them from us, you know that you are making a very worthwhile investment.
2. Locally Sourced: Another major advantage of Great Atlantic Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling’s customized cabinets is that almost all of our wood materials are sourced locally. We are very lucky to have first-hand access to a wide array of wood to choose from. This wide range of soft and hardwoods also means that our cabinets are less impactful on the environment than remodeling and carpentry firms who import wood from abroad or other parts of the United States.
3. Made to Order: The reality is that irrespective of the size and shape of your kitchen, custom-built cabinets from Great Atlantic Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling can provide immediate results for your home. So, if you have an unconventional kitchen with a complicated floor plan, you can rest assured that we will be able to accommodate your needs.